Customer Radar Limited (NZBN: 9429030481169) is committed to protecting your privacy. We are based at 22 Newton Road, Auckland, New Zealand and if you have any questions about this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us – Click here
Collection of Information
Customer Radar collects information, including personal information, in the following ways:
- Via our websites or via SMS from a mobile device when one of our customers’ customers (an “end customer”) provides feedback about one of our customers, its personnel or its goods or services. That feedback may include personal information about our customer, our customer’s personnel, and about the end customer themselves, provided to register for a prize competition offered by a customer, in a service complaint or compliment, or in resolving any complaint. Personal information collected from the end customer, with their knowledge, may include their name, email address, physical address, mobile number and details provided about their interaction with our customer and its personnel.
- Via our websites when our customers’ personnel register with us and then log in and use the Customer Radar platform. Information collected includes our customers’ registered personnel’s email addresses and their responses to feedback provided by end customers. Those responses may include personal information about our customer, our customer’s personnel and about the end customer (e.g. details of service complaints or compliments and resolution of complaints).
These last two categories of information (“customer information”) are collected by us for four purposes:
- to enable each of our customers to assess its and its personnel’s performance in delivering goods and/or services to end customers and to respond to end customer feedback;
- to enable each of our customers to improve its goods and/or services generally;
- to enable each of our customers to offer further goods and/or services and prizes to end customers who provide feedback;
- so that we can aggregate customer feedback to show performance statistics and trends, which enable our customers to enhance their services and benchmark themselves against similar businesses and enable us to provide anonymised statistical data to third parties.
We also collect personal information about:
- Individuals who apply for work at Customer Radar, so that we can determine whether to engage them. This information may include the individual’s name and contact details, academic results and qualifications, expertise and experience, personal interests, current salary and salary expectations. We generally collect this information directly from the individual, from their nominated referees or from the public domain.
- Individuals who supply goods or services to Customer Radar, or are employed or engaged by one of our suppliers, to assist in managing our relationship with the supplier. This information may include the individual’s name and contact details and their position. We generally collect this information directly from the individual or the supplier that employs or engages the individual.
Any individual has the right to request access to or correction of any personal information we hold about them. To do so, please contact us – Click here
Any individual can make a privacy complaint to Customer Radar. To do so, please contact us – Click here We will attempt to respond within a reasonable time, usually 30 days. Customer Radar will treat any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by us with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.
Use of Personal Information
We retain website information indefinitely on our systems in New Zealand. It is not provided to anyone else.
Customer information is dealt with as follows:
- It is retained by us on our systems in New Zealand and in databases and applications controlled by us that are hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Australia. All data is backed up regularly and may be mirrored to AWS servers in other jurisdictions.
- It is retained for so long as the particular customer requires it for any particular campaign. Time periods range from months to many years.
We do not provide customer information which is personal information to anyone else other than as expressly referred to below (see Disclosure and Direct Marketing), but we may from time to time aggregate and anonymise customer information to use ourselves or provide to third parties, for research, data analysis, statistical or other purposes.
Where a customer terminates its relationship with Customer Radar, if requested by that customer, we will provide all customer information relating to that customer, its personnel, and its end customers, to that customer, in a standard data format. Some of these customers are likely to be located in Australia, New Zealand and United States. Other customers may be located in other countries. As soon as practicable after that, we will delete that customer information from our systems. Other than as stated in this policy, we will only disclose personal information where we are required by a warrant, production order, subpoena or similar court order in any jurisdiction to do so or in other circumstances where we are required or permitted by law to disclose it.
If we collect personal information outside New Zealand, it may be disclosed to Customer Radar in New Zealand.
We may also use and disclose personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to individuals where:
- the individual has consented to us doing so; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
Direct marketing involves communicating directly with an individual for the purpose of promoting goods or services to them and to provide them with special offers from Customer Radar. Direct marketing can be delivered by a range of methods including, for example, mail, telephone, email or SMS. An individual can unsubscribe from our direct marketing, or change their contact preferences, by contacting us – Click here
Where applicable, Customer Radar will rely on the “employee records exemption” in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and any other applicable exemptions in relevant legislation. The employee records exemption means that in many cases, Customer Radar is not bound by the requirements of the Australian privacy legislation in relation to personal information it holds about its current or former employees (relating to their employment).
This policy was last updated on 27-03-2018.